About American Team ManagersHelping Small to Medium Size Agencies Compete in Today’s Market
American Team Managers Insurance Services (ATM), based in Southern California, is an insurance wholesaler and MGA serving independent agents throughout the country. Founded in 1998 by Chris C. Micheals, our focus is to establish long-term relationships with both our agency partners and the insurance carriers. We take pride in delivering competitive products both for the Exclusive & Non-Exclusive markets serve. Today we serve more than 5,000 independent agents nationwide.
We provide competitively priced products and programs for the following lines of business:
- Trucking (Auto Liability, General Liability, Cargo, Physical Damage)
- Small Businesses – BOPs and other GL coverage for businesses
- Homeowners & High Value Homes
- Workers’ Compensation
- Professional Liability
- Bar & Tavern
We also work with agents to develop new programs where the agent has the expertise in specific niches and require the support, market access, underwriting experience and footprint ATM offers to create a successful program.
To facilitate the quoting-submission-underwriting and new business process for our agency clients, we provide the following key services:
- Online Rapid Raters™ (select programs only): You have the ability to get an indication in less than 2 minutes without having to contact an underwriter. Our Rapid Rater™ is a perfect tool for over-the-phone quotes and rush accounts.
- Online Applications (select programs only): Streamline the submission process as well the ability to track applications throughout the binding process. Many of our programs can get an indication of quote quickly online.
- 24-Hour Turnaround Time (completed applications only): We understand the importance of fast turnaround for quotes in order to land an account. As we hold the pen for most of our carriers, we are able to provide faster service to our clients, providing quotes within 24 hours in most cases as long as the application is complete.
- Access to Multiple “A Rated” Carriers: With access to the most trusted names in the industry, your agency is guaranteed to get a competitive quote. In most cases, your application will be quoted through up to seven different carriers, giving you and your client a true comparative quoting process.
- No Volume Commitments: Our business model is to help small to medium sized agencies compete in today’s business environment. We feel that by instituting volume requirements we would be going against our main objective.
- No Monthly Access Fees: Charging fees to access our programs is also in conflict with our main objective in helping our agency clients compete in this market.
- Superior Customer Service: Although we use technology to facilitate the insurance process, there is nothing like speaking to a person that is here when you need assistance. We provide direct contact numbers to our staff to answer any of your questions.
- Co-branded Marketing Material: We can provide co-branded material for you to offer to your business prospects.
- Exclusive Programs: We offer numerous exclusive programs that are only found at ATM, giving your agency a competitive edge over the competition.
- Online Training & Webinars: We know the difference a well-trained broker can make for your agency and to this end offer both online training for agencies as well as webinars to reach much larger audiences.
- Claims Support (select programs only): Most of our claims are handled by our top-rated carriers partners. They provide responsive, award-winning claim service. For select programs, we have in-house claims handling to offer immediate support when an emergency arises.
- Competitive Commission Structure: With one of the most competitive commission structures in the business, we often get asked how we make money. By pooling the business of our nearly 5,000 producing agents, we offer larger volume commitments to our carriers and negotiate higher commission splits for our agency clients.
At ATM, we are always thinking outside the box to create new and improved methods to serve our agents’ best interests. We have built the company by putting you – the agent – first to build your book of business today. We look forward to enhancing our existing relationships and establishing new ones by offering unique solutions to meet the growing demands of today’s evolving industry. Give us a call at (877) 671-7503 and maintain renewal retention in the future.
Make Us Part of Your Team